Toledo & The Windmills – Culture, History & Legends
January 22 I 08:45 – 20:00
Standard Price: 25€
City Card Price: 22€
Join us on this fun escape from the big city as we visit the famous windmills from Miguel de Cervantes’ acclaimed novel, Don Quixote. Once were finished chasing the windmills in Consuegra we’ll head to Spain’s beautiful former capital city. Toledo is a melting pot of Christian, Islamic, and Jewish influences and is enriched with churches, museums, synagogues and mosques set in a labyrinth of narrow streets. It’s ancient walls hold much of Spain’s unique and rich history. On this trip you’ll be able to see it all!
Please be advised that in accordance with our terms and conditions the City Card membership cannot be used to obtain discounts for anyone but the card holder.
- Meeting point in Paseo Moret (Metro: Moncloa): 8:45
- Departure from Madrid: 9:00 / Arrival to Consuegra: 10:30
- Departure from Consuegra: 12:00 / Arrival to Toledo: 12:45
- Departure from Toledo: 18:45 / Arrival to Madrid: 20:00
During our day of adventure, we will visit the famous windmills of La Mancha that were featured in the famous novel Don Quixote. Afterwards, we will have the chance to explore Toledo’s narrow, winding streets and to bask in the beauty that is locked away in the historic city. From the famous Cathedral, to the beautiful Monastery, all the way to the stunning Álcazar, you will get a true grasp of the charm that radiates from it.
Furthermore, for those interested, our guides will take you to try our the longest urban zip line in Europe! Where you’ll be able to soar above the famous Rio Tajo. The zipline itself is not included in our package, but our guides will help you to arrange the session! You will also have the opportunity to wander into one of the several artisan shops to buy hand-crafted silver souvenirs; either way, you will enjoy every minute of this tri-cultural city!
After a beautiful day of exploration we will return to Madrid by the early evening.
Included in Price:
- Transportation by private bus
- Stop at viewpoint for the best view of the city
- Visit to the windmills of Consuegra
- Visit to Toledo
- Representative throughout the trip
- All taxes included
Not Included in Price:
- Anything not mentioned in “included in price”
- The Zipline activity
Below is an outline of all the COVID-19 precautions that you must be aware of when travelling with us to Toledo. Please keep in mind that while we have provided the following information for you, it is your responsibility as the traveler to remain informed and to follow each rule and regulation!
On the Bus
Our private buses are provided by Chapin, a reputable company who we have worked with for many years. To ensure everyone’s safety and security during the trip the following regulations have been set:
- Masks are mandatory on the bus at all times
- The bus will be sanitized after each use
- Each traveler’s temperature will be taken before departure from Madrid. If a temperature is above 37.2°C (98°F) Chapin & Citylife reserve their right to not allow the traveler to join the trip. Please refer to our refund policy for more details before booking.
For more details on Chapin COVID-19 regulations click here.
We have made it our main priority to ensure everyone is comfortable and safe during this trip. For this we will ensure the following:
- We will always have our masks on
- We will ensure to have hand sanitizer available throughout the trip
Citylife offers a basic travel insurance package with every trip that can be purchased as an add-on to your ticket. The insurance is provided by Innovac and will cover basic medical emergencies for the duration of the trip.
Do you Need to Take the Insurance?
It is not mandatory to take this specific insurance that we offer, but please keep in mind that it is your responsibility to make sure that you are travelling with proper coverage. If you decide not to take the insurance, we will consider that you are covered by another policy.
For a complete breakdown of the coverage that the insurance provides, please click here.
Reserve your Tickets Now
Citylife Terms & Conditions
We encourage all travelers to read our terms & conditions carefully before booking any event with us. By completing your booking you are agreeing to those terms.