Find the Right Internship for you with our Support
Interning abroad is unique opportunity to do something different. You will not only learn outside of the classroom, gain relevant work experience abroad, potentially earn academic credit but also make lifelong friendships and explore Spain!
You have probably already spent a good amount of time searching for internships in Spain and probably also realized it’s not easy to find the perfect one for your career. Citylife Internships is our premium service to support students from all over the world finding personalized internship opportunities. We do so by collaborating with many Spanish and international companies in diverse fields.
This way we can offer you the best opportunities that match your personal as well as university related needs and expectations when it comes to doing your internship in Spain all while making the process of securing and applying for your internship in Spain as simple as possible. In case you are successfully accepted for an internship in Spain with the previously agreed conditions, we will charge a total price of only 499€, VAT (21%) included, for our mediation services. There are no fees in case application hasn’t been successful.
Gain relevant work experience & jump start your career now with our support by filling out the form below!
Let’s Talk About The Process
Step 1: Apply – Complete the application form below and schedule an interview with one of our Program Advisors. The first interview serves to learn about your career goals, educational background, potential location preferences and to evaluate your fit for an internship in Spain.
Step 2: Accept – After the interview, if the the result is positive, meaning we were able to match you with a host employer, your application status automatically changes to “accepted”, which means that we can guarantee you an internship within your career field.
Step 3: Enroll – Once you agree with the discussed terms, you will need to sign our mediation service agreement and pay the deposit* to secure your spot. This step is called “enrollment” and marks your official participation in the Citylife Internships program.
Step 4: Interview – We will start matching your CV/resume and select host employers that you would be a great fit for and vice versa. In most cases, you will participate in a skype/phone interview with the selected host employer and if everything goes well, then your internship is confirmed! Once you have been accepted by the company, we will close the pending payment as well as the internship contracts. By then you will also know the details of your role and where you will be interning.
Step 5: Prepare & Arrive – Before traveling to your destination, your Program Advisor is always reachable to support in clarifying any doubts you might have so you arrive well prepared. We will provide you before traveling with guidance on housing, banking, Spanish SIM cards, international insurance, visa support, required local registrations etc. Optionally we can also take care of organizing a room for you, sorting out all local legal procedures etc. for you. Simply let us know during the interview.
* The deposit is 150€. In the rare circumstances that you are not accepted for an internship under the agreed conditions, we will refund the whole amount within 48 hours after getting all bank transfer details.
In order to be able to participate in the Citylife Internships program, please check on the following topics:
- Your university / educational institution needs to provide a generic internship / training agreement to be signed with your future host employer in Spain
- In case you are not from the European Union, it is required to have a valid residence or you are able to apply for a student visa depending on the planned duration of your stay. Participation is open to all nationalities. Minimum age is 18 years old
- Your studies or previous work experience must be related to some extent to the internship field that you want to work in.
We will also check on the topics together in the first assessment call to ensure everything will go smooth.
The following services are included in our service fee:
- Guaranteed internship position in your indicated career field
- Dedicated Citylife Internships program advisor who will guide and support you throughout the whole process
- Pre-departure orientation: Briefing about the most important topics to make your move to Spain efficient & hassle free (housing, int. health & travel insurance, visa support, etc.)
- Arrival & settling-in support:
- Upon arrival orientation
- Explanation of the Spanish healthcare system & public transportation
- Opening of a free Spanish bank account
- Activation of a free Spanish SIM card
- Support with phone & internet in general
- Help in search of language courses at discount
- Social & Cultural integration (Activities, Trips, Get-togethers)
- Local contact partner throughout your internship in Spain
Additional Services you might be interested in
If you would like us to organize everything on your behalf, then check out our additional premium services below. Make your move to Spain as smooth as possible and start your Spain experience right upon your arrival:
- Local Registrations & Mandatory Procedures:
- NIE/TIE (Spanish ID Card)
- Social Security Number
- Registro Consulado
- Finding your new home away from home: Based on your needs and expectations, we will find you a room in a shared apartment, student residence or home-stay (living with a Spanish family) and help you understand as well as negotiate the contract.
- Airport Pick Up (optional)
- Homologation of diplomas & certificates as well as sworn translations (optional)
If you would like to get a free quote on any of the additional services or you have any other request, please let us know during the first assessment call or send us an email to [email protected]!
Besides the Citylife Internships premium service, you can also search on your own for jobs, internships, trainee vacancies etc. using our job & internship platform. Simply click here and start searching now!