Electronic Arts (EA) in Madrid is home to their international Localization Testing and Compliance & Certification groups, comprised of computer engineers, producers, sound and linguistic specialists working to provide localized versions of their titles to over 30 countries around the world. At EA Madrid, you will find a vibrant, multicultural environment where each employee has an important role in this exciting organization.
Get more tips, insights and resources for working & studying in Madrid by check out our Citylife Career Hub. You’ll find info on university programs and schools as well as ways you can launch your career abroad.
EA Madrid is offering temporary, paid jobs as a Localization Tester. Your main role will be to check the linguistic quality of localized products, and ensure they follow EA procedures and requirements before being certified by EA’s Compliance & Certification group. You may also assist EA’s Worldwide Customer Experience service in evaluating their advisors.
They are looking for native speakers of the following languages: Arabic, Brazilian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Mexican Spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Turkish. Duration of the assignments typically are 2-4 months and more. Especially during Spring and Summer are many opening available for you to join.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Complete assigned tasks, thoroughly.
- Ensure that all bugs, flaws or issues are reported correctly and removed from the product before release.
- Inform Leads and Senior Testers of any issue that may slow down or stop testing progress early.
- Proactively seek ways to improve your knowledge of testing procedures and related equipment.
- Follow EA Madrid security procedures by taking responsibility for equipment and software security.
- You will report to the Linguistic Specialist Expert.
- Fluent (written and verbal) in English and the language your applying for (must be a native speaker).
- Demonstrate an ability to approach testing in a detailed and structured way.
- Interest and knowledge of video games, the video game industry and platforms, including PC, Mac, Consoles (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One), and Mobile.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive, player-focused, and team-oriented
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Windows environment
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- EA Madrid offers relocation support for employees joining from outside of Madrid.
- Please note, you must be eligible to work in Spain. EA Madrid does not sponsor visas for this position.
- EA Madrid’s work is dynamic. There will be peak periods of activity, therefore the workload and make-up of teams will vary. Regular working hours are 40 hours per week. On few occasions overtime might be needed either on workdays or weekends. It will be compensated with time off.
You will be required to work remotely from home due to Covid pandemic. Candidates available to relocate to any location within Spain will be prioritized, however we might consider the option to allow certain employees to work from different countries.
If your mother tongue is of any of the above mentioned languages and you think your CV would be a good fit, then simply click on your native language below to apply: